Toyota Supra Renderings - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 12 Old 01-30-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Toyota Supra Renderings

Some new renderings are in given the spy shots that we've seen recently. Much easier to detect what's going on and I think these are pretty spot on. The last photos are going to another set of renderings but I'm more banking on these first ones here. Which do you think would be the closest to what production will look like ?

Sources:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/01/30/to...bmw-influence/
http://jalopnik.com/we-may-finally-f...cto-1791785203
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/30/2...#slide-4420808
post #2 of 12 Old 01-31-2017, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Well, the first one is definitely, without a doubt more on par with what we will be seeing. But there are some pieces that I think won't make it like all the openings. The hoodlines shold follow the roof and make it's way down to the trunk slightly like they did on the 86's I believe as well.

I have been long awaiting this..
Garage: '13 Subaru Brz
post #3 of 12 Old 01-31-2017, 05:02 PM

The front end looks so high off the ground. Other than that ..... like I always have said. Looks like an 86 on steroids .... which is good.

Nose area (1st photo) looks a little busy. Rather have the deployable wing than the tall built in wing. It doesn't look graceful.

Current: 2016 A7

post #4 of 12 Old 02-02-2017, 12:57 PM
MKV

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Although the first one looks very practical compared to all we have seen throughout these years starting with the FT-1 concept and now with the test mules, it still looks a bit ugly. I just hope come time for the official reveal that it doesn't look nearly as bad. Toyota has a good foundation of design to work with and should pull in enough cues from the MKIV much like what Nissan did with the R35 Skyline.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-02-2017, 02:24 PM

There's something that throws me off about it as much as I would be ....content sorta... with the first design. I actually do like the front end of the second design but only certain aspects of it. At this point, it looks like nothing anywhere close to what the MK4 Supra was though.

That being said, the Mk3 didn't look anything like the Mk4. The Mk2 and Mk3 had a lot of similarities but that's just because the generations were within the same time span and that's what majority of cars looked like at that point.

post #6 of 12 Old 02-03-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The more I look at the second design, the more I like it. Looks like something that could be quite successful, especially in the tuner world which of course would be the audience that would really appreciate the Supra.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-10-2017, 11:50 AM
MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7M-GTE View Post
The more I look at the second design, the more I like it. Looks like something that could be quite successful, especially in the tuner world which of course would be the audience that would really appreciate the Supra.
The only problem with that design is we don't it reflected anywhere near as much as the first one in all the spy shots we have seen.

All spy shots point to the first one being closest to what we'll get. Hopefully i'm wrong and Toyota has more planned that they don't want to show us. FRS/BRZ are ugly and i'm afraid this might follow that same path.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-14-2017, 10:35 AM

Woah, ugly subjected to your opinion. Although I'm looking at replacing it with the Supra, that still hurts a bit inside haha!

The Supra I really think will follow the same path in terms of design essentials though, side profile - roofline is looking very similar, even the dip in the roof is similar to the one of the 86's. Other than that though, I can't see too much.

post #9 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 AM
MKV

It's not information I want to hear but the facts are staring us right in the face unless Toyota is playing this game hard and throwing us a real curve ball leading up to the debut.

They did that with the FR-S/BRZ so there's always that chance here.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 10:21 AM

Definitely is a chance of that happening but I really don't see too much of that changing. Just because it follows what they have going on now and they aren't going to try and deviate so far off where they can't make ties back to it being a current Toyota.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page