Toyota Speaks, Supra FT-1 Exists... - Supra FT1 Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 17 Old 03-20-2015, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Toyota Speaks, Supra FT-1 Exists...

One stunning concept and a year of defining silence later, Toyota finally has something new to say about the FT-1 project.

It EXISTS...

During the Geneva show, Toyota Europe vice-president and product planning chief Karl Schlicht said that “The intention with the new car is for it to sit above the GT86. It doesn’t replace that model; the GT86 goes on with its own mission.”

Which indicates that Toyota will leave enough breathing space around the 86 that Supra doesn't cannibalise volume. Say double the cost, or Corvette money?

The higher assumed price point leaves the door open for an AWD hybrid powertrain, with speculation fuelled buy BMW's desire for access to Toyota's supercapacity technology employed in the World Endurance Championship. BMW has shown they can and will produce sports cars on their own, so the creation of this joint venture must spawn something different or else it's superfluous.

Autocar

Last edited by Josef K; 03-20-2015 at 01:04 PM.
post #2 of 17 Old 03-23-2015, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Im actually surprised they haven't shown us another version of the FT-1 by now
post #3 of 17 Old 03-26-2015, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope the next Supra will have 4WD option.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
how much is Corvette money? I see it at $55k. So do that mean we are thinking high $50k to low $60k for pricing?
post #5 of 17 Old 03-30-2015, 05:26 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big View Post
how much is Corvette money? I see it at $55k. So do that mean we are thinking high $50k to low $60k for pricing?
that would be corvette money
post #6 of 17 Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys, first time posting but been eyeing the FT-1 for a few months. LOVE it! If its 50-60k its totally do-able and they will sell so many more.

Im guessing 50k for base model and 60kish for turbo. Definitely exciting to see what they churn out
post #7 of 17 Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wink

My concern is the suspension. Since the car is about to touch the floor. Would it possible the FT1 will have air suspension? If Toyota decide not to, I believe there is no way you can drive this beauty on the road. The car is sweet if the price range is 50K to 80K in my opinion. The old supra were about 50K in the 90S which convert to nowadays 60K. To be honest, with the high tech plus the horse power. It is worth the money. I was planning to build my RX7 to Veilside full body kit but now. I am considering selling the car for Supra if they release the exact same body as we seen. I'm hoping the rumor is stating the truth.
post #8 of 17 Old 07-31-2015, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I LOVE the fact it's so low. Looks like your just gonna have to learn how to drive a lowered car. I've been doing it for years so it's second nature to me.
post #9 of 17 Old 08-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
They may raise it up for the production version, since concepts are usually a best case scenario.
post #10 of 17 Old 08-01-2015, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's been a year and 8 months since the first appearance of the FT1 concept and yet no sign of the testing mule, Im going to guess the pre-production camouflaged car will show up around 2017 and sales will start no earlier than 2018 or even 2019.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page