Toyota FT1/Supra Price Speculations - Supra FT1 Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 33 Old 02-10-2014, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Toyota FT1/Supra Price Speculations

Ok so there are two veins of thought currently on where and what the FT-1 will mean to the rest of Toyota's lineup, and more importantly how it will compete in the market.

The first train is that the Supra will be a direct competitor at the top of the range for the likes of Nissans GT-R and Hondas upcoming NSX. Accordingly pricing would hover in the $90-110K range.

The second train of thought is that the FT-1 could be a true Supra reincarnate. The Original Supra was priced in the $30-50K range meaning (factoring in inflation of course) if the FT-1 was a true Supra successor we would see an MSRP range of $50-70K.

Personally I think Toyota would be brilliant to price the FT-1 Supra in the $50-70K range for the simple reason of undercutting. However being priced in the $50-70K Range also brings the Corvette Stingray and Jaguar F-Type into the Equation....

Should be fun
Guff likes this.
post #2 of 33 Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
if it's priced in the 100k range and branded as a supra i think it'd be a tough sell. by the time the supra comes out a new gt-r will prob have come out presumably with much improved performance. and if the new nsx is in the same price range it'd be even worse for the supra as the nsx is perceived more as a semi-exotic, not so with the supra. brand it as a lexus, with performance to match and the prospects improve slightly.
post #3 of 33 Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think the 50-70k marker is where they'll end up...It's a Toyota not Lexus. Things will be watered down compared to the FT1 Concept but for the 50-70k range it would truly appear as the next gen Supra....Pricing it at 100k point would exceed many expectations unless it truly looks like the FT1 and brings all the goodies and a monster heart and for that price you might as well give the car another name.

post #4 of 33 Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think $60k-$90k with some toning down. Direct competitors hopefully with GTR and ZR1. I just hope they over engineer the engine just like the 2jz was/ is.

95 MKIV 6 Spd Hardtop - S375r - ID2000 - E-85 - 1012rwhp

95 M3 LS1/T56 - Custom Headers - Dual Exhaust - Cam - Heads - Fast Intake - Big Brakes - Time Attack
post #5 of 33 Old 02-14-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I would guess that the Supra FT1 will be priced on the higher end of the range we are talking about. I am guessing a starting price of closer to $70k. Maybe like $67k. I just can't see them starting it at less than $60k. Is there going to be a lot of options with which the price will go up significantly?
post #6 of 33 Old 02-15-2014, 09:50 AM

I think it all depends on if they do a variation of models. If they run a "n/a" type model that should start at 45-50. Then if they have a "tt" model then start that at 60-70. Then they can add a bunch of options and start to juice the price from there.
post #7 of 33 Old 02-19-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
top trim should be 100k

I do hope there is a lower trim maybe non turbo that is cheaper

have the toyota v6 or v8 in that model

kind of like the supra non turbo and turbo model.
post #8 of 33 Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supralover View Post
top trim should be 100k

I do hope there is a lower trim maybe non turbo that is cheaper

have the toyota v6 or v8 in that model

kind of like the supra non turbo and turbo model.
Please explain why "top trim" should be 100k.
post #9 of 33 Old 02-23-2014, 01:00 AM

For me to pay $100k, it has to justify the performance it offers. I'm willing to pay Around $75k for this car, if it is at least FI 450hp mark.
post #10 of 33 Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Banned

I don't think we have to do too much speculating.

Quote:
Nonetheless, the starting point for the FT-1 was a theoretical car with a real-world price tag between $50,000 and $60,000, said Kevin Hunter, president of the Calty Design Research studio in Newport Beach, Calif., where the car was designed.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...re-sports-car#

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page