Ordering or Getting on List for New Supra - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 09-22-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Ordering or Getting on List for New Supra

Just curious if anyone has actually spoken to a Dealership regarding ordering the car. At some point they would start a list with deposits. Hope Toyota doesn't limit the 1st year production for dealerships to place a premium above msrp on the initial orders.

Current: 2016 A7

post #2 of 6 Old 09-23-2016, 04:06 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I haven't yet and still deciding if I want to jump in right away or wait after a few batches of these have gone out to then place my order. Being an entirely new vehicles there's going to be some bugs.

If we can get on an official order sheet by now then odds are we can get on a waiting list with some deposit the dealership makes up.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-27-2016, 01:17 PM

I can really see them limiting shipments and having people wait it out. When the 86s came out they were like a three month wait and dealerships only have 3 or 4 of them at the beginning or something.

I have been long awaiting this..
Garage: '13 Subaru Brz

post #4 of 6 Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I can really see them limiting shipments and having people wait it out. When the 86s came out they were like a three month wait and dealerships only have 3 or 4 of them at the beginning or something.
Actually that's pretty basic practice by most dealerships. Just to create more demand / hype.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-10-2016, 11:58 AM

It would make sense if they did that and upped the price above sticker, but they didn't even do that. They just had people waiting which I mean, as a consumer is better than having to wait and pay more than usual, but from a dealers perspective, I couldn't make sense of it.

I have been long awaiting this..
Garage: '13 Subaru Brz
post #6 of 6 Old 11-11-2016, 03:44 PM
MKV

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Add to that the fact they'll still take deposits regardless and its a recipe for more demand than they can keep up with. But it's not like you won't have an option to back out, just make sure you go to a dealer offering a non-refundable deposit, high volume dealers are usually good for this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page