2018 Supra Production Prototype Carries FT1 Essence - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 11-28-2016, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
2018 Supra Production Prototype Carries FT1 Essence

Spy shots have emerged again of the 2018 Toyota Supra, except this time, we get a better look at what the production body will look like. Before there was definitely some misleading panels, ie. tailights, that were implemented to throw everyone off, but now, it's much more cleaned up.

The big thing is, it obviously doesn't look like the FT1 concept did. However, they're are remnants of the FT1 thrown around certain areas if you look close enough.

In the following pictures, I've highlighted the areas that I found look very similar to the FT1 concept on the Supra spy shots which leads me to believe this is definitely the Supra. I think these features will be the key things that will stand out and show the relation between the two Toyota pieces of art.

Roof Design

Rear Quarter + Tail Light

Headlight + Front Bumper Air Dam

Considering we're seeing these pictures now, I don't think I'm too far off by saying that we may actually be able to see a production model Toyota Supra at the North American International Auto Show (January 8th-January 22nd)

What do you guys think? Any similarities that I've missed?

I have been long awaiting this..
Garage: '13 Subaru Brz
post #2 of 11 Old 11-29-2016, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Zeus,

Nice job. I'm really curious on how the rear spoiler is going to look like. Looks pretty aggressive in the camo.

Current: 2016 A7

post #3 of 11 Old 11-30-2016, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Glad to see more clear version of this car as we can all see how skewed the initial spy shot version was. Seems like a duckbill spoiler going on in the rear but I doubt that's what it'll come with. I'm not really expecting a full active aero spoiler, but the duckbill doesn't seem to follow the profile of what it should be.

post #4 of 11 Old 12-01-2016, 03:52 PM
MKV

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86toFT1 View Post
Zeus,

Nice job. I'm really curious on how the rear spoiler is going to look like. Looks pretty aggressive in the camo.
My logic, wishes, speculation, etc. suggest that the hump we see on the rear end is to fool us. If not, I will be very concerned about it will look with all the camo off, very weird sided lifted area to have going on, not something as nicely proportioned as what the concept had.

Best thing they can do is offer an active spoiler, but of course not on the base model, make people pay a premium.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The active spoiler is the best thing that they can do, but I doubt it'll happen. It would be ideal but I don't think it's one of those caliber vehicles that will be entitled to one.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 12:21 PM
MKV

It depends on how they do it and NOT making it standard is the way to go. Anyone that has been following the differences of concepts to production model will start to pick up on this. Odds are a higher trim Supra will have that active spoiler.

At the end of the day it just really depends on what difference that spoiler creates for the Supra all throughout the trims.

If this was some Toyota Supercar or Hypercar then undoubtedly it would be standard.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

A part of me is glad that this isn't a Toyota Supercar or Hypercar.... why you ask? Because it would be unattainable for me considering it probably would have costed well over $120k

Hopefully we do see a trim level that allows us to get a active rear spoiler, or even better if they have it as an option. Extremely doubt it's a block looking duck tail or whatever as it's shown. The more I look at these pictures, the more anxious I get to see the car uncovered and in full production suit.

post #8 of 11 Old 12-30-2016, 12:07 PM
MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
A part of me is glad that this isn't a Toyota Supercar or Hypercar.... why you ask? Because it would be unattainable for me considering it probably would have costed well over $120k

Hopefully we do see a trim level that allows us to get a active rear spoiler, or even better if they have it as an option. Extremely doubt it's a block looking duck tail or whatever as it's shown. The more I look at these pictures, the more anxious I get to see the car uncovered and in full production suit.
While they have a way to go before going the supercar route, including little things a future Toyota/Lexus supercar could have is the way to go.

Picking from lower down, even the RC-F has an active spoiler.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-04-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure they have something and/or several ideas floating around the "workshop" about a future Toyo/Lex supercar which means they would have some ideas of tech that they could try to introduce now with the Supra just to see how it fares ?

post #10 of 11 Old 01-06-2017, 12:26 PM
MKV

That might be the case with something as minute as say some broad hybrid tech they are developing that can be tailored, adjusted, added to, etc. to whatever the application requires.

I will not be one bit surprised to one day see them say "This _______ (supercar), runs similar hybrid technology to the MKV Supra"

There's always that sharing of DNA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page