From the BMW Side... - Supra FT1 Forum

#1 Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 AM

From the BMW Side...

I do wonder what BMW is going to do with their end of the bargain, does seem like i8 is the darling, so what are they going to do either undercut it with the Z7 and watch the i project shrivel, or the position above the i8 and watch the Z7 be still born...

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/06/11/ru...p-z7-supercar/

Quote:
According to an insider, it was BMW who pushed for this car ever since it was clear that the proposed 630bhp carbonfibre M8 would be grounded to keep the road clear for the i8.
#2 Old 06-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Banned

1st its just a rumored. but if priced at $100k USD like the rumors are suggesting, it will fall under the i8 ($136,625) price wise.

both BMW and Lexus could really use a mid engine NSX, R8, and 911 fighter.
#3 Old 06-19-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
1st its just a rumored. but if priced at $100k USD like the rumors are suggesting, it will fall under the i8 ($136,625) price wise.

both BMW and Lexus could really use a mid engine NSX, R8, and 911 fighter.
exactly thats my point who in their right mind would go for the i8 with something like this positioned significantly lower down the pay scale. Unless i8 is trying to capture that techy tesla crowd and BMW feels they are unmotivated by a 911 killer...
#4 Old 06-19-2014, 12:45 PM

I thought that the BMW i8 kinda was BMW's competitor to the NSX. I mean they are both hybrid super cars, right? I was also thinking about the BMW CS concept. It seems to be top of the line and will likely get a great engine and some awesome tech.

#5 Old 06-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big View Post
I thought that the BMW i8 kinda was BMW's competitor to the NSX. I mean they are both hybrid super cars, right? I was also thinking about the BMW CS concept. It seems to be top of the line and will likely get a great engine and some awesome tech.

the i8 is a 2+2, the report is saying BMW and Lexus want a 2 seater mid engine.

the BMW CS concept was an early preview of the 6 series gran coupe.

#6 Old 06-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
exactly thats my point who in their right mind would go for the i8 with something like this positioned significantly lower down the pay scale. Unless i8 is trying to capture that techy tesla crowd and BMW feels they are unmotivated by a 911 killer...
yup, buyers of the i8 will be into the tech stuff.

the rich (which this car is marketed towards) buy cars left and right. they don't think like us normal people.
#7 Old 06-19-2014, 05:59 PM
MKV

that cs concept is a good look at what future sedan's of their's can have
#8 Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV View Post
that cs concept is a good look at what future sedan's of their's can have
they never look 100% like the concept.

the overall shape remains, but BMW watered down the rest of the CS concept into what we know as the 6 series gran coupe.
#9 Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 PM

Wonder if it will take any cues from the M1 remake concept...

#10 Old 06-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Banned

^^^ Yup

and remember Toyota toying around with the idea of a mid/rear engine hybrid? i know its a MR2 chassis, but the drive train is an AWD 3.5 V6 hybrid making 400hp +. i believe that is what Toyota is/was really testing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page