Supra to be All BMW? - Supra FT1 Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 07-28-2014, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Supra to be All BMW?

More and more talk seems to be coming out that the Supra development will be led almost exclusively by BMW. Again, many of them are quoting Holiday Magazine.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/07/25/to...ey-components/

Quote:
his combination forms the basis of the collaborative effort in which the born-again Supra will benefit from BMWs cutting-edge construction. Given the Z4 successor is being developed as a convertible, it stands to reason that the Supra will follow in the BMWs footsteps.

The insider says the Toyotas engine and transmission will be supplied by BMW and that a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder unit will be the main powerplant.
post #2 of 19 Old 07-28-2014, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's not the first time we see an I4 engine being mentioned to be part of this project..I see Toyota using their own 2.0 Turbo engine that is in the Lexus NX as well as their own 8 speed auto transmission. They may lease the 6 speed manual tranny from BMW though to provide that option.

Wouldn't mind this being the entry level for Toyota but hopefully they can offer a V6 with the same hybrid system making more HP if they decide to go with the Supra name. Don't see the I4 as the main engine unless it really is making GT6 numbers of 450+ HP which it may, but who knows.
vh_supra26, gymratter and Lee626 like this.

Last edited by Supraman; 07-28-2014 at 06:31 PM.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-29-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm personally an anti BMW guy, so my fingers have been, and will remain, crossed in hopes that my beloved Supra has nothing to do with BMW.

But I don't see an I-4 going into the Supra, that would be stepping on the GT86's toes. And if Toyota's going the route of making it their flagship car, you don't see flagship vehicles with low power engines.
So, I'm saying a 6cyl. Maybe a straight, maybe a V, only time will tell.
vh_supra26 and Lee626 like this.
post #4 of 19 Old 07-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do we really need another Supra / BMW thread......
post #5 of 19 Old 07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

post #6 of 19 Old 07-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraman View Post
It's not the first time we see an I4 engine being mentioned to be part of this project..I see Toyota using their own 2.0 Turbo engine that is in the Lexus NX as well as their own 8 speed auto transmission. They may lease the 6 speed manual tranny from BMW though to provide that option.

Wouldn't mind this being the entry level for Toyota but hopefully they can offer a V6 with the same hybrid system making more HP if they decide to go with the Supra name. Don't see the I4 as the main engine unless it really is making GT6 numbers of 450+ HP which it may, but who knows.
X2, why does the same old rumors keep getting reposted again and again? Mr.Big just posted this just a few days ago.

This is one reason I hardly come here anymore. There really isn't any "news". Just old rumors be rehash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
I'm personally an anti BMW guy, so my fingers have been, and will remain, crossed in hopes that my beloved Supra has nothing to do with BMW.

But I don't see an I-4 going into the Supra, that would be stepping on the GT86's toes. And if Toyota's going the route of making it their flagship car, you don't see flagship vehicles with low power engines.
So, I'm saying a 6cyl. Maybe a straight, maybe a V, only time will tell.
Yup, a guy on SF believes the new Supra and BMW xxx would just share the same basic carbon fiber chassis. Each version will use their own drivetrain. This will not be like the Toyota and Subaru joint project.

Agreed, across all the forums and blogs, no one wants a 4 banger Supra.
post #7 of 19 Old 07-31-2014, 05:08 PM

How many times is this going to be posted? Don't mean to sound like a dick, but a lot of these threads from the OP are useless... Not to mention all of this so called "info" was already mention on 07-25-2014.

New Info on the Toyota Supra Arises

New Info on the Toyota Supra Arises
post #8 of 19 Old 07-31-2014, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Of course you mean to sound like a dick Lee, other wise you wouldn't sound like a dick. I thought you could put two and two together?

Your hard on is showing by the way...
post #9 of 19 Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
Do we really need another Supra / BMW thread......
Apparently yes...
post #10 of 19 Old 07-31-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
Of course you mean to sound like a dick Lee, other wise you wouldn't sound like a dick. I thought you could put two and two together?

Your hard on is showing by the way...
At least I'm a dick that knows how to do a simply search... I thought you would understand what a repost is, apparently not.

I guess you're just bored and trying to be member of the month lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page