Toyota shows off new GR Sport performance range - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Toyota shows off new GR Sport performance range

Toyota will be using the Paris Auto Show to unveiled a new GR Sport range of performance oriented models. This trim will debut on the Yaris, but hopefully its something we see offered across their lineup. The GR Sport car has lower ground clearance, better shock absorbers and a more rigid anti roll bar to improve handling. On this Yaris is also showcases a unique two tone color scheme.
post #2 of 8 Old 09-14-2018, 03:49 PM
MKV

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I always liked what lexus did to its F models and GR seems to offer something to a similar effect on Toyotas.

At this point they need to hit up better platforms. Too bad right now its only the Mark X, tired of seeing this Yaris get all the attention.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
With the huge success the GRMN Yaris has been I can see why they are showcasing this new trim yet again on this platform. Based on the minor tweaks that are being made here, I don't see why its something they couldn't easily apply to the Corolla, Camry, 86 or MKV.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-18-2018, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Are people really interested in a more sporty Yaris? I know the GRMN version has been very successful, but that model saw a whole bunch of performance upgrades and a very limited production run.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-18-2018, 12:43 PM
MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraDupra View Post
Are people really interested in a more sporty Yaris? I know the GRMN version has been very successful, but that model saw a whole bunch of performance upgrades and a very limited production run.
I see it as an easy way to bring some level of performance to the market. Starting with a light platform that might need nothing more than 50-75 more horses and some other small performance improvements is effective and cheap compared to other things they will be doing.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-19-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I forgot to mention that this new trim is also using a hybrid powertrain. I don't think its made much difference on hp/torque numbers, but I'm sure it'll provide better off the line performance.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-20-2018, 01:56 PM
MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Conner View Post
I forgot to mention that this new trim is also using a hybrid powertrain. I don't think its made much difference on hp/torque numbers, but I'm sure it'll provide better off the line performance.
From what I discovered is that power has stayed the same but that's fine with me. The real benefit comes with everything else; suspension, handing, wheels/tires, etc.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for sharing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page