Full Look At The 2020 Supra - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Full Look At The 2020 Supra

Another leak of the upcoming Supra has made its way online, thanks to an accidental tweet on the Twitter page of Toyota Mexico. The teaser video gives us the first full look at it, without all that troublesome camouflage.

Production styling is similar to that of the original FT-1 concept that was unveiled back in 2014, but there are a few design changes that have been made as the car prepares for release. The nose is far less pronounced, there’s no rear wing and the side profile is much cleaner.

We know that the fifth generation model will share many of its underpinnings with the BMW Z4, and we can now get a better sense of how the shared 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 will sound as it revs its way through the gears.

With the Supra set to unveil at the 2019 North American International Auto Show next week, there is no longer an aura of mystery around what Toyota will deliver. It looks promising and we will get a much closer look at it in the flesh, in just a few days time.

[SOURCE]

Last edited by toyotaft1admin; 01-11-2019 at 04:09 PM.
post #2 of 5 Old 01-13-2019, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Great to finally see/hear it in action. Was not a fan of that rounded nose, so I'm glad that they've removed it. The front has gotten a lot more similar to that of the 86.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2019, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What was the reasoning to modifying the design from the original FT1 prototype? Its exciting that its finally here, but honestly, i'm disappointed they changed the design

Anyone else will the same feels?

post #4 of 5 Old 01-15-2019, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I 100% agree. They have changed too much and made the pricing that much harder to justify. I though jointly producing it with BMW would make it more approachable for new buyers.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-16-2019, 02:49 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik210 View Post
What was the reasoning to modifying the design from the original FT1 prototype? Its exciting that its finally here, but honestly, i'm disappointed they changed the design

Anyone else will the same feels?
It was just part of Toyota's hype machine. The only time you can expect better is with Lexus, anything below and you're SOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List