OK so who is in for real? post up so we can show Toyota we have a crowd waiting - Page 2 - Supra FT1 Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 21 Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am new here all I have ho says is toyota we need this car.i hope they keep the car looking the way it looks now.if so I would be in any color dct would be great
post #12 of 21 Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 AM

Also one more thing toyota keep the price reasonable
post #13 of 21 Old 09-26-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra lover View Post
Also one more thing toyota keep the price reasonable
It should be around the 60k mark. Give or take.
No speculation yet on the dct.
I think most of us on here would agree engine choice should and most probably will be a 6 cylinder twin turbo. For heritage and power. Plus the new isf priced similarly will begin to use a toyota 6 cyl tt.

Speculation is 3200 pounds give or take 200. And power to be 425 to 485hp.

post #14 of 21 Old 09-26-2014, 05:27 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I do agree with not being to zealous over the car yet.

Let's all hope it stays similar to the concept
The price is under 65k
It comes with a dct and MT
Uses a ton of lightweight materials to ensure a good power to weight ratio
We get a strong motor not 4 cylinder. A v6tt or in line 6 TT is preferable.
I am sure I'm forgetting some stuff
Yes those are some key facts to note. Thankfully pricing on the RC came out which makes it easier for us to suggest what the Supra could cost as the Supra in it's highest trim can't be more than the RC-F or too close to it.
post #15 of 21 Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV View Post
Yes those are some key facts to note. Thankfully pricing on the RC came out which makes it easier for us to suggest what the Supra could cost as the Supra in it's highest trim can't be more than the RC-F or too close to it.
Brilliant point. Also makes sense if we see the 6 cyl turbo with 450ish hp. For the competition it will be priced appropriately.

I think the next z will havr 405hp with a 6 cylinder single turbo with 2 electric motors for arpund 35 to 45k for nismo. If the supra is 50 or so more hp and will be much more sophisticated and sexy I think a price tag of 55k for a base to 65k for gps and all that tech stuff.

I hope there is one engine option so its not like the mustang where your 6 cyl supra is questioned if it has the 4 cyl or whatever base model has.

I would rather a RS type like the evo 8 had with the bare minimum but same engine and transmission.
pegasus likes this.
post #16 of 21 Old 09-27-2014, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Brilliant point. Also makes sense if we see the 6 cyl turbo with 450ish hp. For the competition it will be priced appropriately.

I think the next z will havr 405hp with a 6 cylinder single turbo with 2 electric motors for arpund 35 to 45k for nismo. If the supra is 50 or so more hp and will be much more sophisticated and sexy I think a price tag of 55k for a base to 65k for gps and all that tech stuff.

I hope there is one engine option so its not like the mustang where your 6 cyl supra is questioned if it has the 4 cyl or whatever base model has.

I would rather a RS type like the evo 8 had with the bare minimum but same engine and transmission.
That pricing you mentioned their sure would result in an epic product. I was actually thinking they might start it around the mid to late $40k if there are a couple engine options.
post #17 of 21 Old 09-28-2014, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
That pricing you mentioned their sure would result in an epic product. I was actually thinking they might start it around the mid to late $40k if there are a couple engine options.
True but the multiple engines to choose from for me is lame. They will have the frs at that time with 310hp or so 4 cylinder turbo for 35k.
If they offered in a 4 cylinder then it sort of crosses over the frs....

To me when I see a NA supra I get a little disappointed.

Imagine spending 45k and someone saying oh this is the 4 cylinder or hybrid model. .. you should have saved for the 6 cyl turbo. Lol
post #18 of 21 Old 09-29-2014, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would rather see 2 options offered for this car. One with a V6 TT and the other with 2UR-GSE V8. It comes down to cost and offering an entry level will only help keep the prices down for the car. Its a win-win if they offer both of these choices between the 50-60k mark maybe a bit less.

I say leave the 4cyl. to the FRS + the future car that will sit beneath the FRS. To me this will be the Big Brother of those cars and deserves something BIGGER than a 4 cylinder even for the entry level.
post #19 of 21 Old 09-29-2014, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraman View Post
I would rather see 2 options offered for this car. One with a V6 TT and the other with 2UR-GSE V8. It comes down to cost and offering an entry level will only help keep the prices down for the car. Its a win-win if they offer both of these choices between the 50-60k mark maybe a bit less.

I say leave the 4cyl. to the FRS + the future car that will sit beneath the FRS. To me this will be the Big Brother of those cars and deserves something BIGGER than a 4 cylinder even for the entry level.
Im cool with a v6tt and v8 as both would be beasts. The v6tt would be the best option IMO.
post #20 of 21 Old 09-29-2014, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
^ Personally I'd probably go with the V6 tt depending on what the specs are. Though I'm sure many will be glad to get that awesome V8 and slap a turbo on it making 700+ HP on it (I'm sure a lot more). If it's 'the next Supra' then I think the V8 as the top dog will keep that heritage of the last Supra providing consumers something they can afford/modify and make a reliable monster out of like the 2JZ. I'm sure the V6 tt should be able to handle power but to live or exceed to what the 2JZ brought to the table, I think the 2UR-GSE has the best shot at exceeding that.

Last edited by Supraman; 09-29-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page