Upcoming Supra could cost more than the Corvette - Page 3 - Supra FT1 Forum
 5Likes

post #21 of 25 Old 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
The Corvette looks great but I have a feeling that the Supra will have a better design, at least for my taste. Not that it will make that big of a difference, but it should allow the Supra to be sold for a high price.

post #22 of 25 Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big View Post
The Corvette looks great but I have a feeling that the Supra will have a better design, at least for my taste. Not that it will make that big of a difference, but it should allow the Supra to be sold for a high price.
Design alone doesn't warrant a higher starting price. What will it do better then Corvette to convince people to buy Supra not Corvette. The new stingray has pedigree, its making EVERYTHING beg for mercy right now....

post #23 of 25 Old 02-13-2015, 06:47 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
higher price is only justified by things like but not limited to, more/better features, improved tech, performance, and anything else along the lines of that if you get a sense of where i'm getting at here.

post #24 of 25 Old 02-22-2015, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The MkIV was about $10K more than the Corvette back in 1994 (The sticker in my 1994 turbo was about $45K). Today, the 1994 MkIV is worth considerably more than a 1994 Corvette.
Of course, the high price in 1994 caused slow sales of the MkIV, which nearly stopped after the price went up another $10K in 1996 (then dropped back in in 1997).
All this is to say the "MkV" may cost more than the base Vette - maybe on par with the top end Corvette.
MKV likes this.
post #25 of 25 Old 02-24-2015, 04:21 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
The MkIV was about $10K more than the Corvette back in 1994 (The sticker in my 1994 turbo was about $45K). Today, the 1994 MkIV is worth considerably more than a 1994 Corvette.
Of course, the high price in 1994 caused slow sales of the MkIV, which nearly stopped after the price went up another $10K in 1996 (then dropped back in in 1997).
All this is to say the "MkV" may cost more than the base Vette - maybe on par with the top end Corvette.
That is a good way to break it down and with the tech it's been rumored to come out with, that could be even more true as when it comes to performance, this tech isn't cheap, especially in a vehicle that has a history to live up to making its release one that's highly anticipated with some serious expectations.

As long as pricing is justified or a bit over justified, people should have no problem paying for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page