Upcoming Supra could cost more than the Corvette - Supra FT1 Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 25 Old 11-12-2014, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Upcoming Supra could cost more than the Corvette

Slowly we are getting more information on Toyota's upcoming Supra. Car & Driver reports that the upcoming model will likely cost more than the Chevrolet Corvette.

The 2015 Corvette starts at $54,995, including a $995 destination and handling charge. If the Supra is priced above the Corvette, it would be the most expensive Toyota-branded coupes ever created.

Are you willing to pay more for a Supra than you would for a Corvette? Do you think that makes sense for pricing?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411118...n-the-corvette

post #2 of 25 Old 11-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Not if the Corvette can kick the piss out of it. Chevrolet has done good work on the C7, improving the interior in leaps and bounds. Priced above that I'm expecting semi-Lexus touches...

post #3 of 25 Old 11-12-2014, 05:15 PM

In the end they can't be priced too far away from eachother, i'll have to test the both of them to decide which is best for me.

post #4 of 25 Old 11-13-2014, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My budget for this car would fall within the 50-60k mark at the most. If it is priced above this than I may be looking at a C7. Even though the 2015 Mustang GT has caught my eye so may cross shop between the two as this will be my daily and would prefer a 2+2. Just waiting on Toyota to see what they come out with and what the 'affordable' price will be.
post #5 of 25 Old 11-13-2014, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

MSRP for the Corvette starts at $54,000. So if the Supra is priced above the Corvette it could still fit in the 50k-60k range. I don't think that is that controversial. I guess it will depend a bit on how the performance of the Supra lines up with the Corvette. It has to be justified, ya know?

post #6 of 25 Old 11-13-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big View Post
MSRP for the Corvette starts at $54,000. So if the Supra is priced above the Corvette it could still fit in the 50k-60k range. I don't think that is that controversial. I guess it will depend a bit on how the performance of the Supra lines up with the Corvette. It has to be justified, ya know?
It also depends on what someone is looking for in a vehicle.
Guys who want raw straight line power and even some nice power through the turns will go for the corvette.
If the new supra says along the lines of what the last one was about... then it won't be as much about raw power but more of a refined, drivers cars experience.
post #7 of 25 Old 11-13-2014, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It would have been nice if they gave a cap in price.. like more then a vette base less then an Rcf....

Branding wise this will be an odd one. If the Rcf is 63k i find it hard to see the toyota be more expensive.
Maybe a slight overlap on the upper end model but not base price.

As i have said for a while now i assumed the price would be 55k base 65k top of the line. So if it ends up 58k base 65k top of the line it would make sense.

Its like a 370z base is like 30k but the top of line touring or nismo is 45k. I think a g37 base is like 37k upwards of 50k or so. So a slight overlap is acceptable.

Side note i cant imagine bringing this car into toyota for warranty work or whatever....
post #8 of 25 Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

As long as it isn't priced way above the Corvette, I think it'll be fine. The Supra doesn't strike me as a car that will have a ton of options though. I feel like the MSRP will be pretty close to the end price even after options.

post #9 of 25 Old 11-14-2014, 08:29 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I think a version of the supra could be priced well above the vette but when it comes to what will be compareable enough to the vette, it should come close enough.

Now i just wonder if it's something toyota is even the least bit concerned about.
post #10 of 25 Old 11-15-2014, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Are the two really competitors? I think there are few cars that really are directly competing with the Supra, especially if it ends up being hybrid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page