Supra FT1 Forum

Supra FT1 Forum (https://www.supraft1forums.com/forum/)
-   Supra FT1 Dealers & Pricing (https://www.supraft1forums.com/forum/55-supra-ft1-dealers-pricing/)
-   -   Toyota FT1/Supra Price Speculations (https://www.supraft1forums.com/forum/55-supra-ft1-dealers-pricing/842-toyota-ft1-supra-price-speculations.html)

Josef K 02-10-2014 02:30 PM

Toyota FT1/Supra Price Speculations

Ok so there are two veins of thought currently on where and what the FT-1 will mean to the rest of Toyota's lineup, and more importantly how it will compete in the market.

The first train is that the Supra will be a direct competitor at the top of the range for the likes of Nissans GT-R and Hondas upcoming NSX. Accordingly pricing would hover in the $90-110K range.

The second train of thought is that the FT-1 could be a true Supra reincarnate. The Original Supra was priced in the $30-50K range meaning (factoring in inflation of course) if the FT-1 was a true Supra successor we would see an MSRP range of $50-70K.

Personally I think Toyota would be brilliant to price the FT-1 Supra in the $50-70K range for the simple reason of undercutting. However being priced in the $50-70K Range also brings the Corvette Stingray and Jaguar F-Type into the Equation....

Should be fun ;)

carbide 02-12-2014 02:55 AM

if it's priced in the 100k range and branded as a supra i think it'd be a tough sell. by the time the supra comes out a new gt-r will prob have come out presumably with much improved performance. and if the new nsx is in the same price range it'd be even worse for the supra as the nsx is perceived more as a semi-exotic, not so with the supra. brand it as a lexus, with performance to match and the prospects improve slightly.

Supraman 02-13-2014 07:14 PM

I think the 50-70k marker is where they'll end up...It's a Toyota not Lexus. Things will be watered down compared to the FT1 Concept but for the 50-70k range it would truly appear as the next gen Supra....Pricing it at 100k point would exceed many expectations unless it truly looks like the FT1 and brings all the goodies and a monster heart and for that price you might as well give the car another name.

mk3motley 02-14-2014 04:18 PM

I think $60k-$90k with some toning down. Direct competitors hopefully with GTR and ZR1. I just hope they over engineer the engine just like the 2jz was/ is.

Mr.Big 02-14-2014 05:35 PM

I would guess that the Supra FT1 will be priced on the higher end of the range we are talking about. I am guessing a starting price of closer to $70k. Maybe like $67k. I just can't see them starting it at less than $60k. Is there going to be a lot of options with which the price will go up significantly?

AnthraciteFT-1 02-15-2014 10:50 AM

I think it all depends on if they do a variation of models. If they run a "n/a" type model that should start at 45-50. Then if they have a "tt" model then start that at 60-70. Then they can add a bunch of options and start to juice the price from there.

supralover 02-19-2014 09:48 AM

top trim should be 100k

I do hope there is a lower trim maybe non turbo that is cheaper

have the toyota v6 or v8 in that model

kind of like the supra non turbo and turbo model.

AnthraciteFT-1 02-21-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supralover (Post 7586)
top trim should be 100k

I do hope there is a lower trim maybe non turbo that is cheaper

have the toyota v6 or v8 in that model

kind of like the supra non turbo and turbo model.

Please explain why "top trim" should be 100k.

maximus decimus meridius 02-23-2014 02:00 AM

For me to pay $100k, it has to justify the performance it offers. I'm willing to pay Around $75k for this car, if it is at least FI 450hp mark.

vh_supra26 02-23-2014 08:55 AM

I don't think we have to do too much speculating.

Quote:

Nonetheless, the starting point for the FT-1 was a theoretical car with a real-world price tag between $50,000 and $60,000, said Kevin Hunter, president of the Calty Design Research studio in Newport Beach, Calif., where the car was designed.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...re-sports-car#