Autocar's first drive/impressions - Supra FT1 Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2018, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Autocar's first drive/impressions

Even though Toyota has yet to officially unveil the MKV, that hasn't stopped Autocar from getting some time behind the wheel. The car sounds absolutely fantastic and apparently there is no extra noise piped into the cabin electronically. I am a little concerned over the 9 month wait time he suggested before it begins production.

Last edited by Korben; 09-19-2018 at 02:32 PM.
post #2 of 5 Old 09-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
By the time the Supra hits the market its going to be due for a refresh lol. I really don't understand why they are taking such a slow approach with the MKV. Hype can only be sustained for so long, and I would imagine they've already lost a lot of customers due to how long its taking them to get to market.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2018, 12:56 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Conner View Post
You do realize that the majority of what's been said so far is just speculation/hearsay and what's been said by one rep doesn't necessarily support Toyota's roadmap. And a Q1 launch could very well mean a 6 month wait from now. Thanks for the clarification though.
When higher up's like Tada-san are dropping tidbits of information on the Supra and using other fundamental facts along with what's required for its segment, while some might be speculation, it holds a lot of weight.

Often, its all but confirmed.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2018, 05:28 PM
MKV

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
The same thing played out with the FR-S, Toyota was equally as vocal about it but not enough to spill all the beans.

Its essentially a marketing campaign under the veil of what we're seeing here.

Last edited by MKV; 09-21-2018 at 05:31 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-24-2018, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
And I wasn't suggesting that you were wrong, just that we aren't taking everything that's been said/shown online at face value. I really hope that it comes to market early 2019, I just wish Toyota themselves were being a bit more forthcoming with information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page