Thank you Toyota - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thank you Toyota

Hey guys new forum member here just saying hello. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to own a supra. The old models really had a cult following, but unfortunately I was never able to get my hands on one. How ecstatic I was to hear that Toyota had plans to revive this cult classic. Ever since its announcement in 2014 I've been keeping a close eye on its progress. I know we're still awaiting many of the hard facts, but I look forward to speculating with you guys.
post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2018, 04:35 AM

Welcome! The Supra probably feels like the one that got away and an old one in good condition would cost you an arm and a leg these days. May as well get the upcoming Supra and be the first one to own it than a second hand one. Though if you could go back and get a Supra, which one would it be?
post #3 of 6 Old 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Well obviously I'd want the newest body style that was available, the JZA80. I'd certainly opt for the turbocharged 6 speed manual, that could achieve 0–60 mph in as low as 4.6 seconds and 1/4-mile in 13.1 seconds. I owned a 1990 RHD MR2, and that was as close as I was ever able to get. Loved that little car.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-09-2018, 05:41 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
Well obviously I'd want the newest body style that was available, the JZA80. I'd certainly opt for the turbocharged 6 speed manual, that could achieve 060 mph in as low as 4.6 seconds and 1/4-mile in 13.1 seconds. I owned a 1990 RHD MR2, and that was as close as I was ever able to get. Loved that little car.
If you're serious about an MKIV Supra then make sure to buy in well ahead of when MKIV supra prices will go up before the MKV comes out.
However theres enough of a gap between the two generations that there could be just a slight increase in price, not much to brag about.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV View Post
If you're serious about an MKIV Supra then make sure to buy in well ahead of when MKIV supra prices will go up before the MKV comes out.
However theres enough of a gap between the two generations that there could be just a slight increase in price, not much to brag about.
The new Supra will go from 0 to 62 mph in 3.8 seconds. With new look and that performance, I doubt the MKIV Supra price will going up.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-03-2019, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, and welcome abroad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page