1Likes
  • 1 Post By NyX_Nick

post #1 of 9 Old 09-26-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just joined, saying Hi!

Hi All,

I just joined due to my recently re-ignited interest in the MKV after the recent press videos.

Currently own a 2013 BRZ and a 1991 MR2 Turbo. The plan is to trade up from the BRZ to the MKV

Looks promising!
post #2 of 9 Old 09-26-2018, 06:40 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Great choice in cars. I bet you're disappointed that Toyota didn't through with making a mid engine Supra because apparently they were close to it.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-26-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV View Post
Great choice in cars. I bet you're disappointed that Toyota didn't through with making a mid engine Supra because apparently they were close to it.
Thank you! A little upset, on the other hand I'm kind of happy. The MR2 is just a nostalgic weekend car for me and I feel like I'd personally be let down if they tried to make a modern one. Just because I'm so attached to the original.

Plus I just like having variety. It's fun switching between FR and MR, and having a nice comfy GT/Sports car to daily while my MR2 stays as a weekend car.

It'd definitely be cool if they revived it, but I probably wouldn't get it.

I do however hope the Supra does make it here with a 6-speed, even in the upper trims. I personally enjoy rowing my own gears, even if it's in traffic lol

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 9 Old 09-27-2018, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another Toyota enthusiast here. I also owned a '92 MR2 RHD years ago, but ended up trading it for something a bit more practical. The days of manuals definitely seem numbered, and it doesn't look like the new Z4 will be getting one either.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-28-2018, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum Nick! Really eager to get a confirmation from Toyota in regards to trim levels and pricing. Even if they don't want to show off the production model just yet, they should be giving us more details around it.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM
MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another Toyota enthusiast here. I also owned a '92 MR2 RHD years ago, but ended up trading it for something a bit more practical. The days of manuals definitely seem numbered, and it doesn't look like the new Z4 will be getting one either.
I heard that due to how the engine was mounted some service jobs were weird, like changing spark plugs. Did you have to do anything crazy?
post #7 of 9 Old 09-28-2018, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV View Post
I heard that due to how the engine was mounted some service jobs were weird, like changing spark plugs. Did you have to do anything crazy?
Changing spark plugs wasn't so bad, although on Gen2/3 motors it required removing the cold pipe. Timing belts are annoying, clutch work is really annoying and the coolant lines behind the turbo under the exhaust manifold are very annoying (they've been aptly nicknamed the "Hose from ****" and "hose from **** on earth"

You also have to lean quite a bit over the car to actually work in the engine bay just cause of where it sits

MKV likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-04-2018, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Never had any issues with simple servicing like that. Mine had less than 80k on it, so I luckily didn't have to do many repairs. I did have some leaky hoses however and I can attest to them being aptly named.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-04-2018, 06:57 PM
MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyX_Nick View Post
Changing spark plugs wasn't so bad, although on Gen2/3 motors it required removing the cold pipe. Timing belts are annoying, clutch work is really annoying and the coolant lines behind the turbo under the exhaust manifold are very annoying (they've been aptly nicknamed the "Hose from ****" and "hose from **** on earth"

You also have to lean quite a bit over the car to actually work in the engine bay just cause of where it sits

I figured processes like that would discourage some people from owning one. Knew a few people that kept them just to flip and never took them out on the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page