Toyota Sports Drive Logger puts real world track races into the virtual realm - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 04-03-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Toyota Sports Drive Logger puts real world track races into the virtual realm

This new technology from Toyota has the potential to be really fun for people who like to drive around race tracks as much in real life as they do in video games. The 'Sports Drive Logger' system monitors telemetry data, like GPS points and engine rpm, that can be later used as input for Gran Turismo 6.

That means that you can watch a recording of your lap in the Gran Turismo 6 world.

"Furthermore, by using the GPS Data Visualizer in conjunction with GT6's GPS Data Logger, users will be able to compare their own driving data against those of professional drivers, enabling study and improvement of driving techniques by practicing in concert with model braking, acceleration techniques and racing lines," the company notes.

The system only supports 3 tracks in Japan right now -- Fuji, Tsukuba, and Suzuka. More tracks are planned for the future and it'll cost $884 USD. It should be released for sale on June 1st in japan.

post #2 of 2 Old 04-05-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Just putting this out there. If I had the chance I would definitely buy this and put it in the Supra. I am a big video game fan, so to see my own track runs in GT6 would be awesome. Too bad it only supports Japanese tracks right now though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page