Will the MKV be your DD? - Supra FT1 Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 10-17-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Will the MKV be your DD?

Just wanted to get a sense of how many members on here plan on using the Supra as their primary vehicle. Will you just be keeping it for sunny weekend sprints or will you be using it in the rain, sleet or snow?
post #2 of 5 Old 10-21-2018, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's going to be between the Supra and next Gen M2 for me (I really hope we can end up getting a manual Supra) whichever one I go with, will be my DD. Rain, Shine or Snow.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-23-2018, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Assuming that they deliver with the base model, the MKV will also be my daily driver. Unfortunately that means I wont be making any changes to the suspension, because clearance is already looking tight.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-23-2018, 06:28 PM
MKV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Used to have a BMW M Coupe (based off Z4) as my daily and loved every bit of it, just not the lack of rearward visibility that comes with a hatch.

If anyone has looked into winter tire options please post them here, it'll be a hot topic because light weight and RWD in winter without adequate tires is a bad recipe.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV View Post
Used to have a BMW M Coupe (based off Z4) as my daily and loved every bit of it, just not the lack of rearward visibility that comes with a hatch.

If anyone has looked into winter tire options please post them here, it'll be a hot topic because light weight and RWD in winter without adequate tires is a bad recipe.
We'll have to wait and see the exact wheel sizes, and if there'll be any options to downsize to maybe a 1" smaller wheel for the winter before we can judge sizes. Exactly, however if we can use 18-19" wheels in the 255-275/ range for width, and a 35-40 sidewall, there shouldn't be much to worry about in that regard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Supra FT1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page